Saturday, May 22, 2010

Personalized Gifts Are Perfect Gifts

Personalized gifts are perfect gifts on so many levels. I remember one job where I worked there for three years. It was a small engineering company in California and we were like family. When I left they had a little going away Happy Hour party for me at a local restaurant. I was so touched when I was presented with an engraved Leatherman Squirt keychain tool. I really felt liked, if not loved, by my coworkers.

It's been years since that day. And, if you can believe it, I still have that keychain tool. I used it on my keychain for a couple years. Then, when I ended up with more keys and responsibilities, I moved that tool to my purse. Not only was it a useful tool, but I really felt attached to it since it had my name personalized on it.

Personalized gifts have stay power. Think back to your last 10 birthdays. Can you remember any of the gifts? Maybe just one or two. If you got a personalized gift, I bet you still have it around your house or you still use it. There is something special about having something that has your name on it. It's hard to explain but it's true. My husband has engraved gifts he's received from past coworkers and friends that he still has 20 years later.

A personalized gift speaks to the gift recipient. It tells them that you put extra time and thought into the gift for them. It's nice to be thought about and loved. It's nice to feel special. A personalized gift becomes a cherished keepsake. That is the magic of personalized gifts.

No comments:

Post a Comment